Wednesday 8 June 2011

Memories...

All of us have different ways of associating and relating to memories.. for me it's with smells.! For me.. certain days of the week..smell a certain way.. summer holidays when I was in school would have a distinct smell..rain...holidays.. coming home from college and hostel... and even now.. when I smell a scent similar to that.. the memories and images flash immediately.. like a movie! One of the fondest.. is this distinct memory (I don't know when it happened).. But a pleasant sunny afternoon... I am coming home.. and I open the wooden front door.. I can smell mom's delicious rasam.. and see her wearing an apron over her sari.. and smiling and walking towards me!.. As usual.. I tell my mom .. " Amma.. how can u do this to me!.. It smells so good.. I am veryyy hungry.. "... and mom smiles :)

This picture and smell reminds me exactly of that.. Mom.. and Home.. Love u :)

3 comments:

Vasu said...

For me the smell of old musty books has always been the smell of summer holidays.And the smell of rasam is like a warm hug on a cold day.

bluejay said...

:D You know how to put it in words!

Lavanya said...

Love you my darling Vichu kutti....I miss you and Vasu!!!!!