Monday 20 October 2008

Perspecitve of an emergency

V is frantically calling J

Tring.. tring..
Tring.. tring...

An automated squeaky voice " The person you are trying to reach is not available, please try later"

After 2 hours

J returns V's call

Tring.. tring...

V: Hello traitor!
J: Hey, whats up V! sorry, couldn't pick up the call
V: Wow, what a revelation,!!!...after trying for half an hour, I guessed as much!!!
J: Sorry, the phone wasn't near me, Kya hua?
V: It was an emergency.. and I called u. and u weren't there for me
J: Oh shit, I am so sorry!! What happened? are u okay?
V: The basic duty of a Friend, in times of need, and u weren't there!!
J: Oh come on, I am so sorry, the phone was upstairs and I was downstairs..
V: It was an emergency and I was calling you... how could you do this to me
J: I am really sorry.. please tell me what happened..
V: It was an emergency.. How could you.. I don't know if i can trust you anymore
J: Oh please atleast tell me what happened.. I'm sorreeeee ( goes off into a scratchy squeaky, hi pitch.err.. undertone.. )
V: What if i was hit by a bus, and in the last minutes of my life, all i could dial was your number and you dint pick it up!!
J: come on, you are obviously alive, so .. Okay..okay.. I'm sorry, can u at least tell me what it was...?? I'm really sorry and I'm feeling really bad
V: Well.. I don't know if I can trust u .. You ditched me!..
J: V.. come o..
V:.. in my time of need.. I was standing at Malleswaram.. in the rain.. calling you.. my only hope..
J: But why?!.. what happened??!!!
V: well.. Becuz...
J: yeah??
V: What if I was dying and there was no one to help me.. and you my only last resort.. ditched meee!!!!
J: Come on V.. please tell me what happened??...
V: Ok.. welllll.. Brace ur self.. oh before dat.. I wanted to ask u one more thing..
J: yeah?
V: Where in Malleswaram can u find swimwear apart from that sports store?? on 14th cross?
J:.. I don't know.. but are u saying this was the emergency? and your time of need?!!
V:.. Well.. you see we all have our own emergencies!!!! and...
J: V.. are u telling me.. swimwear was ur emergency and I was apologising for that all this while...??
V: YOU DINT PICK UP THE PHONE.. I COULD HAVE BEEN DYING!!
J: well V.. if you weren't.. I would have come over and done the job!!!!!!

5 comments:

Vasu said...

hahaha..that was a funny post.could almost hear the conversation...
i just have one thing to add
"false advertising" !!!

Krishnapriya Tamma said...

Me, being the J under scrutiny, still strongly believe that 'Swim wear' is not scheduled as an emergency in any world.. I mean, all that heart-stopping "How could you........!!" for a swimming suit!!! What next, the boggled mind asks the tangled heart!! :P
Emergency, indeed! :P

Moonlit music... said...

u and only u can pull something like this with a straight face....typically "V"...i pity poor J...

Iddy Albatross said...

Hahahaha!! Sounds like some situation...

Awesome post... Cheers :)

bluejay said...

@ vasudha : hee hee.. u knw me too well!
@ tamma : ahem! ahem!
@ jints : well :) i keep thinking of chinu when i read that!
@Iddy : Ha ha :D thanx a lot!